Amateur Built Aircraft Endorsement
We agree with you to amend portions of your Policy as follows:
I. EXCLUSIONS APPLYING TO ALL COVERAGES
- When your insured aircraft:
- is used for aerial seeding, spraying, dusting, fertilizing, banner or glider towing, powerline, pipeline or traffic patrol, fish or animal spotting, hunting, herding, geological exploration or survey, parachuting activities, or training for, practicing for, qualifying for or participating in closed course racing;
- When your insured aircraft is in flight unless it:
is certified for flight by the FAA, initially, and after a modification which requires recertification.
II. COVERAGE A—LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR YOUR INSURED AIRCRAFT
- The following Exclusion is added to Additional Exclusions Applying to Coverage A of your Policy:
- This Coverage does not apply to:
- Bodily injury to an occupant while your insured aircraft is operated in flight under Phase I of the Operating Limitations issued by the FAA for your insured aircraft.
III. COVERAGE B—INSURANCE FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR INSURED AIRCRAFT
- A. The following Exclusion is added to Additional Exclusions Applying to Coverage B of your Policy:
This Coverage does not apply to loss to your insured aircraft:
- While in flight unless it has flown 10 hours, including 10 successful takeoffs and full-stop landings, after initial certification and after any modification which requires recertification by the FAA.
- B. The following paragraph is added to Terms of Payment of Loss of your Policy:
- At our option, we may allow you to make the repairs. The most we will pay you for labor is $15.00 per hour.
To read the full policy click here.